Journal of English Language and Pedagogy (JELPA) is an open access journal managed by English Education Study Program of Universitas Kapuas. The journal publishes research papers in the the fields of English Language and linguistics. JELPA highly upholds the ethical values of publication. The publication ethic which is the reference for was adapted based on the Regulation of the Peraturan Kepala LIPI Nomor 5 Tahun 2014 concerning the Ethics Code for Scientific Publications, which includes:
Journal Managers Duties and Responsibilities
- Determine the name of the journal, scope, periodicity, and the journal accreditation. It includes determine the membership of the editorial board.
- Define the relationship between publishers, editors, reviewers, and other parties in a contract.
- Respect confidential matters, both for contributing researchers, authors/writers, editors, and reviewers.
- Implement norms and provisions regarding intellectual property rights, especially copyrights.
- Review journal policies and submit them to authors/writers, editors, reviewers, and readers.
- Create guidelines for rules and ethical behaviour for editors and reviewers.
- Publish the journal regularly.
- Guarantee the availability of funding sources for the continuation of journal publication.
- Preparing permits and other legal aspects.
Editor Duties and Responsibilities
- Connecting the needs of readers and writers,
- Try to improve the quality of publications in a sustainable manner,
- Implement a process to ensure the published papers quality,
- Prioritize freedom of opinion objectively,
- Hold the integrity of the author's academic track record,
- Provide corrections, clarifications, and apologies when necessary,
- Responsible for the style and format of writing scientific papers, while the contents and all statements in the paper are the authors responsibility,
- Actively solicit the authors, readers, reviewers, and members of the editorial board opinions to improve the quality of publications,
- Conduct periodic evaluations of the journals quality,
- Open-minded to new opinions or other people's views that may conflict with personal opinions for the advancement of science,
- Avoiding decisions that are objective in nature by not defending one's own opinion, the authors or third parties by seeking solutions that are scientifically justifiable,
- Encouraging writers to make improvements to their written work until it is worthy of publication.
Reviewer Duties and Responsibilities
- Reviewing the paper and submitting the results to the editor for determining the eligibility of a paper for publication,
- Examine papers in a timely manner based on the research standards,
- Provide criticism, suggestions, input and positive recommendations to authors to make improvements to their work.
- Keep the author's privacy by not disseminating the review results,
- The reviewer does not make a scientific review of the written work that involves himself, either directly or indirectly,
Author Duties and Responsibilities
- The author ensures that those included in the authors list have met the criteria as the authors,
- The author is collectively responsible for the work and content of the articles.
- The author states the origin of the resources (including funding), either directly or indirectly.
- The author responds to comments made by reviewers and the editorial board in a professional, scientific and timely manner.
- The author informs the editor if there is an error or if he will withdraw his work,
- The paper submitted is original, and has never been published anywhere and in any language, and is not in the process of being submitted to another publisher.